Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Illustration Friday: Train


This week's Illustration Friday is TRAIN and this is kind of a piece on tribute and celebration.

I wanted TRAIN to mean something about runners (as we in the UK held the Olympics last Summer - not that I'm massively patriotic or am one of those continuing to milk the proverbial cow, but the olympics is still very much on our collective consciousness). However, the recent Boston bombings and the fact the London Marathon went ahead anyway was kind of heroic in my mind and so this piece is a tribute to the runners who were hurt and those who were heroes and also those who had the determination to continue amidst the horror in the London Marathon. And not to forget all the innocent bystanders, helpers, first aiders, and emergency service people - we love and adore all of what you did to help too!

I am also dedicating this piece to all the people I know at the moment who are running for various charities. Admittedly and shamefully so, cannot afford to give cash to each and every one of you, but I have to some - I want to wish you all the very best of luck with your charitable pursuits and hope you raise plenty of good cash for the good causes!

Hope you all enjoy my drawing! Comments welcome, thanks!

Print available to purchase! Please contact me for more info; quote: Train.

No comments: